Gratus in Vicipaediam Latinam acciperis! Ob contributa tua gratias agimus speramusque te delectari posse et manere velle.
Cum Vicipaedia nostra parva humilisque sit, paucae et exiguae sunt paginae auxilii, a quibus hortamur te ut incipias:
- Ops nexusque usoribus novis ( de, en, es, ru, ro, no, tl)
- De orthographia ( en)
- Enchiridion interpretis (Anglice scriptum)
- Lexica Neolatina
- Lexica Latina interretialia
- Fontes nominum Latinorum
- Fontes nominum geographicorum
In paginis encyclopaedicis mos noster non est nomen dare, sed in paginis disputationis memento editis tuis nomen subscribere, litteris impressis --~~~~, quibus insertis nomen tuum et dies apparebit. Quamquam vero in paginis ipsis nisi lingua Latina uti non licet, in paginis disputationum qualibet lingua scribi solet. Quodsi quid interrogare velis, vel Taberna vel pagina disputationis mea tibi patebit. Ave! Spero te "Vicipaedianum" fieri velle!
HELP US MAKING THE PROJECT OF ANCIENT GREEK WIKIPEDIA[fontem recensere]
We are the promoters of the Wikipedia in Ancient Greek. we need your help, specially for write NEW ARTICLES and the TRANSLATION OF THE MEDIAWIKI INTERFACE FOR ANCIENT GREEK, for demonstrating, to the language subcommittee, the value of our project.
Let's continue the work!!!
out of curiosity...[fontem recensere]
That's what I thought. Welcome! We may have hit it off wrong at first, but, like Andrew, I have enjoyed your pages. I have just not enjoyed working on them doing cleanup, when I could be helping with content. I hope you can learn the system and work with us, we'll take anyone who has good latin (yours is better than you think!) and is willing to abide by our customs. One last thing, in discussions, you can sign your name by adding --~~~~ or by clicking the button on your edit bar that looks like a signature (in between the red crossed out W and the hyphen).--Ioshus (disp) 19:43, 30 Martii 2007 (UTC)
The Philagrus response[fontem recensere]
I know you have an interest in animal pages. Maybe we should put the Latin sounds for animals in more pages. It is cool information that is hard to come by, and usually unknown by most otherwise very good latinists. You can find a good list at Onomatopoeia (which i've been thinking maybe of moving to Animalium soni).--Ioshus (disp) 03:06, 2 Aprilis 2007 (UTC)
- That's a good idea. Somewhat related you might enjoy this website of animal noises from around the world if you haven't alredy seen it.
- Montivagus 03:11, 2 Aprilis 2007 (UTC)
You know, I'm glad you checked. I confess, I pretty much invented the etymology on the spot, I was typing the opening sentence and thinking "duh, of cource a compound verb is made of two other ones" so I wrote scilicet and then I looked at it, and I was like "OH! That's what scilicet means!!!". And the passive just made more sense because the idea is so grammatically impersonal already. Thanks for looking it up.--Ioshus (disp) 05:18, 4 Aprilis 2007 (UTC)
- No problem; it was a learning experience for me too. Actually the OLD says 'prob.' this etymology. You're welcome to enshrine my username as an example here if you want. I recall hearing someone once say that Latin isn't a very compound-friendly language (compared to, say, Greek), but I forget what the reasons were. That might be interesting information for the page (if correct). Montivagus 05:28, 4 Aprilis 2007 (UTC)
- What do you mean this isn't fun?! Montivagus 23:18, 11 Aprilis 2007 (UTC)
- Nice revision on "octopus," Ioshe. I hesitated last night so long between genitive "octopodum" (3rd decl.) and "octopodorum" (2nd) that I didn't edit it at all! Montivagus 05:02, 14 Aprilis 2007 (UTC)
- Good to know about Catana...I'll write the wiktionary articles on acre the town, and catana the sword. And link the respective vicipaedia articles to them. Princess Di is fine.--Ioshus (disp) 03:18, 17 Aprilis 2007 (UTC)
Am I right in thinking you started that page? I was just looking over it and noticed that there's no author's name (or do I mean editor/translator) for that dissertation. Are you able to add it? Andrew Dalby (disputatio) 20:42, 29 Aprilis 2007 (UTC)
- If you did it intentionally, it's ok. :-) --Rolandus 21:34, 28 Maii 2007 (UTC)
de figura paginae primae[fontem recensere]
Salve Montivage. A few of us were discussing the layout and content of our pagina prima, and some expressed desire to rehaul it. This might include color changes, content changes, layout changes, and who knows what else. Could you join the discussion at Disputatio:Pagina prima/Nova? Give us a list of things you want a main page to have, what you dont want a main page to have, and what specifically you might think to do differently with ours. We will then try to come up with a design that meets as many of these requests as possible, based on content from everyone. Thanks, and regards.--Ioshus (disp) 20:34, 3 Iunii 2007 (UTC)
- Hey Ben. Yeah I just looked at some Wik-Statistics, and I sent out the message to anyone who had made more than 30 edits in the past 30 days. Glad you like what we've done.--Ioshus (disp) 18:38, 11 Iunii 2007 (UTC)
Shall I have a talk with him, Ben?
- Salve, Iosci. This looks to me more like the opportunistic vandalism of someone wanting to leak the ending all over the web, rather than a first installment of serial vandalism here on Vicipaedia. So I don't really see the benefit, but if you do, note that he had two IP addresses (or there were two vandalizers). Montivagus 15:37, 18 Iulii 2007 (UTC)
Hey, Ben, thanks! =] I'm just glad he took the project seriously. He put us in a really good light, but at the same time was completely honest. It also afforded me the opportunity to show off Ouikipaidia =] --Ioscius (disp) 23:21, 5 Octobris 2007 (UTC)
Welcome back![fontem recensere]
- Maximas gratias ago! Montivagus 04:42, 17 Maii 2010 (UTC)