Jump to navigation Jump to search
- If there is an official source for the Latin name, we go with the source.
- If not, "Triphelis Universitas Publica" (as seen on en:wiki) is a bad name: the word order is wrong. Our name "Universitas Nationalis Triphelis" is a little better, but not very good: "Nationalis" is not an exact translation for "State", and the name of the city wants checking. I am trying to verify the city name right now, but it isn't easy ... Andrew Dalby (disputatio) 15:07, 26 Martii 2014 (UTC)
- OK, both are wrong. I have found a short official name now and will move our page to the correct name. It contains no word corresponding to "State": maybe someone will find a longer official form, including such a word: that would be better still. Andrew Dalby (disputatio) 15:20, 26 Martii 2014 (UTC)
Universitas Tphilisensis[fontem recensere]
- The web page you cite is not available today, but I see the emblem you have uploaded at en:wiki. It looks OK, but I would like to feel sure that there is no error: the earlier source gives "Tiphlisensis" and that adjective is well established in Latin. This one could be a conscious decision by a Latinist at the University, or it could be a misspelling by a non-Latinist. We'll wait and see ...
- Meanwhile, you were wrong to remove the other name from the page: it was well-sourced and good Latin. I will restore it. Andrew Dalby (disputatio) 12:21, 1 Februarii 2015 (UTC)