A bot (Latin: automaton, -i n.) is a piece of software designed to perform tasks that would be too tedious for humans to perform (at least in the required quantity and within an acceptable time frame), e. g. updating interwiki links.
Bots in the Latin vicipaedia[fontem recensere]
Bots with a local bot flag[fontem recensere]
There is an automatic list of bots with a local bot flag, where the owner has requested bot status. See #Rules for running a bot in the Latin vicipaedia below, how to do this.
Currently, there are 8 bots with a local bot flag.
Bots with a global bot flag[fontem recensere]
There is an automatic list of bots with a global bot flag. See meta:Bot policy#Global bots for more information.
Manual list[fontem recensere]
C = conlationes, R = registered with a local bot flag, G = global bot flag, X = no bot flag
Requests for assistance by a bot[fontem recensere]
Note that there is no guarantee that requests for assistance by a bot can or will be fulfilled.
Rules for running a bot in the Latin vicipaedia[fontem recensere]
On the Latin vicipaedia, global bots are allowed. Global bots are trusted bots that are given bot access on every Wikimedia wiki that allows global bots. The current requirements for global bots are:
- a global bot must only maintain interlanguage links or fix double-redirects;
- a global bot must have already been active on several wikis, with long-term contributions to back up its trustworthiness.
Apart from allowing global bots, the Latin vicipaedia does not use the standard bot policy. If you are interested in our bot policy, please see the rules below.
|Hae sunt regulae propositae. Quaesumus, adiuva nos, has regulas confirmando, disputando, et imponendo in pagina disputationis.
These are proposed rules. Please, help us by developing, discussing, and establishing these rules on the talk page.
Esta es una política propuesta. Por favor, ayúdanos desarrollando, discutiendo y estableciendo estas reglas en la página de discusión.
Bots are welcome in the Latin vicipaedia. However, they have to abide by these rules:
- Descriptive user page
- Before running a bot, you have to create the bot's user page and its user talk page. On these pages, you have to give the following information:
- What software your bot uses (e. g. the pywikipediabot framework)
- For what purposes your bot will be used on the Latin vicipaedia (e. g. for updating interwiki links, …)
- Who operates the bot (i. e. a link to your userpage on the wikipedia where you are active regularly)
- Does my bot need a bot flag?
- If your bot uses the pywikipediabot framework and will only be used on the Latin vicipaedia for updating interwiki links, your bot does not need a bot flag – go ahead and run it. The community may decide to grant your bot the bot flag later.
- In all other cases, you have to present your plans to the community first. Please describe your plans in detail on the bot's user page and in the Vicipaedia:Taberna.
- If your bot misbehaves, it is you who has to clean up
- Especially new bots may sometimes unfold undesirable activity. It is strongly encouraged to throttle your bot (i. e. to limit the number of edits your bot makes per minute) unless you are absolutely sure that your bot works correctly and does what you want it to do. If your bot makes nonsense, you will be required to help clean up the mess by manually undoing your bot's edits.
Separate account for bot activities[fontem recensere]
- No anonymous (IP) bot edits
- Please do not make anonymous bot edits. Create a user account for your bot.
- Do not use your regular account for bot editing
- It is strongly discouraged to use your regular account for bot edits. Please create a separate account for that purpose.
- Never use a bot account for manual editing
- An account that has bot status must never be used for manual edits. You have to create a separate account for that purpose.
- Bot account name should contain "bot"
- For easier identification, the name of the bot account should contain "bot" or "Bot". It is most common to append this string to your user name, so if your user name is Usor:Abcdef, you could call your bot Usor:AbcdefBot.
Vide etiam[fontem recensere]
- Vicipaedia:Taberna/Tabularium 7#Bot command translations
- Vicipaedia:Taberna#Global bots - allow them automatically?